"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Prim Grubby Jars

I am enjoying this grubby thing, and I will be having more projects to share with you in the near future.  Here are some mason jars I recently did.  
Now I used Elmer's Glue, but it was not the washable kind.
This is what it looks like with the first coat of grubby mix 
(coffee grounds and cinnamon)
After the mix is completely dry (I waited at least 8 hours) before I brushed on more glue and mix for a second coat.
This is the final glue process after applying two coats of grub.  You just paint the glue all over the dried grubby mix. Don't worry the glue dries clear.  The pic on the right shows what it looks like as the glue is drying.
Here are some finished Prim-grubbed Jars.
I wanted color on some of them, so I painted half of them.
I still like the Primitive look so I also stained them.  
I made some grubby tags and wrapped homespun and cheesecloth around them. 
Here are the painted jars.  
I added some faux greenery to half for a Prim Christmas look.
I love the way they turned out!

3 comments:

  1. I bet they smell great! Do you use old coffee grounds or fresh? Loving, pinning, and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these !!! I used to do the same thing with small basket's but I used cinnamon and ground up my dried Thyme, Oregano and Sage. Everyone would alway's ask how I made them at show's.Thank's for sharing, I have that primitive look flowing thru my vein's again. Thank's to Donna, Google +.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! Do you use used coffee grounds or just fresh and what is the ratio of grounds to glue? thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.