"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

My Kitchen Table Redo

My kitchen table was starting to show some wear. The poly was coming off from so much use. Now normally I would have welcomed it and kept it looking aged, but I didn't care for the oak color.  I like the dark walnut look.  I wanted it to match my kitchen island.  
The legs were painted black before.
Sorry for the dark pic, it was the only before I had.
Hubby sanded it down for me!
What a sweety :)
 It sat unfinished for almost a week.  
I really liked this look, but I knew if I put a clear coating 
on it it would look oak colored because it is oak.
 I put on two coats of stain and three coats of Waterlox sealer with a brush.
 I painted Annie Sloans Old White over the black legs and apron. 
I waxed it with light and dark wax.
 Here is the new top.
 Now you can see how it blends in with my island.
The farm table look I always wanted.

4 comments:

  1. Wow - it turned out so beautifully! Love the stain colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, your table is beautiful! Blessings and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very nice! Most of my furniture is the traditional oak color...I like what you did here. Now you got me thinking!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.