"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Friday, January 17, 2014

A Comforting Verse

Sometimes we think that we need more than what the Lord has given us.  We seek help from friends, family, and our own talents.  It is so comforting to know that the Lord has provided enough Grace to forgive, to strengthen, and to provide for all our needs.
Here is a little sign I made for a dear friend.  One whom when I needed help, I would seek her wisdom.  Instead of giving me a good pat on the back, she would always point me to what the Lord can and will do for me in my situation.  
What a great friend! 
 Coloring on the back of the papered image with my charcoal pencil, I transferred the image first onto a piece of pallet wood and then centered and transferred the verse above the image.  I only traced enough to outline the image, and then I filled in the detail with a calligraphy pen and permanent ink.
 I used my Paint Sharpie Marker to do the lettering.
Hopefully seeing this verse will be an encouragement to her as much as she has been an encouragement to me.

7 comments:

  1. The comforting feel of a nest is reflected by the Love that embraces us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely.
    I know it sounds trite, but without faith we are nothing. How do people without that confidence get by? You are a good friend to your good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a beautiful and encouraging post! And such a beautiful sign! Thank you for sharing both. I needed that today!
    Blessings,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. For sharing your faith and your talent ..... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea...I love the look of the bird nest with that verse.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.