"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Friday, November 8, 2013

Are You an Old Country Crow?

"The New Caledonian Crow has been intensively studied recently because of its ability to manufacture and use its own tools in the day-to-day search for food.  These tools include "knives" cut from stiff leaves and stiff stalks of grass. Another skill involves dropping tough nuts into a trafficked street and waiting for a car to crush them open."
I guess I could say I am a bit of an Old Crow using the things I find around my house or around town to help make a little extra $ to be able to go out for a nice meal or buy a little something that I really don't need.
I took this little basket and added some country flair.
I wanted to tea-dye some paper to age it.  
For those of you who have never tea-dyed anything, it is simple.  I took some step by step pics.  Heat up some water.  Dip the bag into the hot water and when the water darkens, the tea bag is ready to dye.  I usual let my paper sit in the puddle of tea so that the edges get nice and dark.
I Mod Podged some burlap onto the basket, and when the tea-dyed paper dried, I Mod Podged over the burlap. 
When all was dried, I waxed the whole basket with clear and dark wax.  I love the wooden handle!
Another simple basket ready to sell!

3 comments:

  1. This is really cute! So much you can do with burlap. Looks great with the tea-stain as well.
    Blessings, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and you are always so resourceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! The tea bags are quite useful...you always seem to create with the simplest of things. Thanks for sharing this creative idea.
    Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.