"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Guinea Pig

I am a little nervous to even post about this.  I am in the middle of reupholstering my other wing chair.  I am not making a slip cover, I am tearing it apart and recovering it.
 So far this chair is not like the video I was watching, so I am about ready just to go on my own instinct.  I am thinking that may not be a good thing to go by since I have never done a wing chair before.  
When I tore apart the wings, the sides, the arms and the wings were all one piece.  I am going to try cover it a different way and hope it looks good :)
So this is what is staring at me today.  
I am going to use drop cloth so there is no major money going into my guinea pig of an idea.  
Hubby is routing for me.  
What a pal!
So hopefully I will have a completed--good looking wing chair to share with you next week!  I will even share with you my failure of a chair if need be....

9 comments:

  1. I have confidence that you will do it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to inch your way into reupholstering, Tammy! Looks like you certainly know what you're doing already, girlie! :) Can hardly wait to see how it turns out!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, Congratulations - you are the winner of the 2-bar HomemadeSoapnSuch.Etsy.com Giveaway! (It's 8:11 PM and the grandson just chose your name from all those in a hat). I would have emailed you, but can't find your email address anywhere. I'll be announcing the winner tomorrow morning on CranberryMorning.blogspot.com. Please send me your postal address so I can get your 'Southern Magnolia' and 'English Rose' handcrafted, vegan soap prize mailed to you. :-) Thanks again for entering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you can do it Tammy. Hoping I get to see you work on it when I come to visit. Congratulations on winning the 2-bar Homemade Soap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on winning the soap ! You are a brave lady, But, I know you can redo my favorite chair!. Happy Birthday to Hubby !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I often find myself staring at pics of Miss Mustard Seed's reupholstered pieces and thinking 'I could never do this'.

    Goedele

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so brave. Even though you didn't spend anything, if it was me I would be too afraid to tackle this project. Good luck and I am sure that it will be beautiful!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're braver than I am. Good luck, but I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.