"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Monday, August 5, 2013

A Nice Visual

My former Pastor and his wife are getting ready to step out and be an Evangelist.  They were having a yard sale to literally get rid of almost everything they owned.  One of the items was this rocking chair that I believe was his father's.  The price was right, and I knew I could recover it.
 I really like the size of this rocker.  It is really comfortable to sit on.  
My son and I began to remove the old vinyl that it was covered with.
I stapled some batting to the bottom ledge before covering the rocker with drop cloth. 

Using the hem of the drop cloth I covered the staples.
I glued the hem strip in place with a hot glue gun.
For some reason I had a real hard time capturing the color of the dropcloth on the picture of the rocker.  It looks like the oatmeal color on the close-up shots to the right.
Now I have a nice visual to remember to pray for them on this new journey in their life.

8 comments:

  1. Tammy,
    You did a wonderful job with it. I think it found a great new home:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy, what a beautiful piece of furniture and I love how you have recovered it..Happy Monday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with this special rocker...it's special just like the 2 people you will be praying for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a gorgeous chair! Good for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I come rock & pray in it ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for working on it while I was visiting. I love to watch you while you do your crafts & other creations. :) Next is the pillow for it. :) You did wonderful on this. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.